One thing we (us cougars) hear a lot about is that families disapprove of a cub’s relationship with his cougar. On some levels I can completely understand that, but in many other ways it just doesn’t make sense to me. It seems like two consenting adults should merit more respect than that. Plus there are many ways that a cougar is 10 times better for their son than a younger woman might be. Here are 10 of those reasons that I can quickly rattle off the top of my head:
- Financial Stability – Exactly what is wrong with a financially secure older woman being able to provide a home, food, and all of the essentials that a man needs? Isn’t that much better than a young man having to struggle to make ends meet not possibly knowing where his next meal will come from. Now, I’m not saying that it is every cougar’s dream to help a total loser out so don’t get me wrong. We are talking about good looking, high potential men that just due to the economy or some other reason are struggling right now and could use some financial support (with no real strings attached contrary to what people might believe).
- Emotional Stability – A more mature woman is usually more emotionally stable and not prone to extreme high mood swings that she cannot control (because we have been controlling ourselves for longer and are frankly better at it). This can be a huge advantage for a younger man and something that should make their lives just a lot less complicated. There’s no need to walk on egg shells around a cougar, we get it and have seen just about anything they could possibly imagine or get themselves into.
- Confidence – Believe it or not, the young man has to develop confidence at a much more rapid rate when he is with a cougar. Why? Because we introduce him to a lot of influential and successful people (men and even other women). If he can’t hold his own in those conversations and with that group then he will struggle as a cub and most likely not find success. However, if he thrives then watch out! He is going places quickly.
- Self Esteem – This goes along with the confidence line of reasoning. First of all, the young man should take pride in the fact that his cougar (who has plenty of choices) found him attractive and desirable enough to enter into a relationship with him. Then, most likely his cougar will pull the best out of him with good clothes and proper access to everything he needs to stay fit, healthy, and looking good. No matter what anyone else says, this will boost his self esteem for sure.
- Transparency – Look, the cub knows EXACTLY where the cougar stands at all times. This isn’t a relationship where there is a lot of pretending going on in most cases. It is real and both sides know where the other stands (if anything the cub is the problem here and NOT the cougar).
- Success mindset – If the cub really gets the relationship then he will make the most of the opportunities that he has been given. He will actually absorb the success mindset of the cougar and that will make him stronger for the rest of his life. The most successful people surround themselves with other successful people (cougars included).
- Career support – Think of the cougar as the guidance counselor and more all rolled up into a great package for her man. In general if the cougar is willing she can really move along the career of her man just through providing him with what he needs to be successful (all the actual tools and the contacts). In many cases this could accelerate his career by years.
- Fun – Cougars simply have more money and that enables them to have a lot more fun if they are willing to spend a little of it. Trips to more exotic destinations are possible and fully taking those in is more realistic because it’s likely that the cougar has been there, done that, and knows how to make the most out of every trip. The fun isn’t isolated to trips though. A day in the life of a cub is actually pretty fantastic in most cases… think about it what could be more fun for a young man?
- Variety – We are not talking about variety in the form of women (cubs that is not allowed) but variety in foods, cultures, and things that a more mature woman can bring to the table for a young man. The more experiences we have, the better we are at exposing the younger man to more in order for them to look at the world in different and exciting ways.
- Equality – If anything the cougar and cub are much more equal than the traditional male/female relationship because the woman is strong, successful, and not afraid to speak her mind. This puts her on a more equal footing with her man compared to the typical younger woman.
These are just a few reasons that I can think of why cougar women can actually benefit their man and why parents should take a second look. In addition, it’s also not so likely that a cougar women is truly manipulating her man. In pretty much every relationship I am aware of the man knew exactly what he was doing and why. In fact, it is arguable that the cub is attempting to manipulate the cougar more so than the other way around.